1468 Cherryvale Road
Boulder, Colorado 80303
(303) 444-0905 e-mail:
We're not number 1, You are.
complements of Warren Smadbeck
SAFETY TIPS FOR THE PRIVATE SELLER
* Be Alert. When you feel uncomfortable in a situation, get out.
* Dress conservatively.
* Do not sit in an open house alone.
* Report any suspicious experience to the police right away.
* Never advertise your property as vacant.
* Find out as much as you can about potential buyers, such as names,
addresses, phone numbers, where they work, what they do, how much
they earn. Ask a lot of questions, be a good listener, write it all down.
* Have the potential buyers enter rooms first. Do not put yourself in a position
where you cannot get out.
* Develop a coded distress signal with a friend or family member. This way you can call them with a message that would appear harmless, but would alert others that something is wrong and you need help. Speed dialing and caller ID are excellent devices. (*69 will recall the last number if it wasn't blocked.)
* You may want to let a potential buyer know that someone else will be showing up
at the property at any time. This might discourage a crime.
Most important, remember that no sale is worth risking your life!
Seller marketing Tips
Return to Private Seller Page
Return to Welcome Page